Odd noise origin???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Texas Dave

Reaction score
I just started hearing a kind of whirring or whining sound coming from my 2007 5.4L. It seems to be coming from the top side of the engine more towards the driver's side. Any of you big brains out there have an idea what this might be.

Thanks

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just started hearing a kind of whirring or whining sound coming from my 2007 5.4L. It seems to be coming from the top side of the engine more towards the driver's side. Any of you big brains out there have an idea what this might be.

Thanks
Maybe auto trans front pump.

mnachreiner86

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you hear it in the cabin while driving or standing above the engine bay with the hood open?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Punisher6

Reaction score
I have the same kind of sound in my 2001 EB AWD. Wish I could find out what it is. Changed the front diff fluid and transfer case fluid as well. Sound get louder as speed picks up. It’s a wrrrring sound that changes with theSpeed up and slow down. Any ideas also changed air cleaner filter.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the same kind of sound in my 2001 EB AWD. Wish I could find out what it is. Changed the front diff fluid and transfer case fluid as well. Sound get louder as speed picks up. It’s a wrrrring sound that changes with theSpeed up and slow down. Any ideas also changed air cleaner filter.
Trans oil pump...............

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Or idler/belt pulley bearings. Simple repairs. Loosen belt (check to see if replacement needed) & turn pulleys to see if they spin relatively easy. Should not have any binding.