Oil/Coolant lamp comes on and off - Gauges show normal pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We have a 2000 with 250k that has done that on and off since 215k or so.
Scared me at first but once i realized it had pressure I didn't worry about it.
I started only doing on cold start on in the first 5-10 minutes.
I changed the oil a few times sooner than normal (always used mobil one 5w-30) and it stopped for a while, then started doing but only a little bit.
I think it just has some dirt in the sensor but I'm too lazy to change it and its hard to get to on the 4x4 with 5.4.

OP
OP
P

Petesexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I changed the oil a few times sooner than normal (always used mobil one 5w-30) and it stopped for a while, then started doing but only a little bit.
I think it just has some dirt in the sensor but I'm too lazy to change it and its hard to get to on the 4x4 with 5.4.
Yeah, it took me 2 hours to replace the sensor. It could not be in a worse location...

OP
OP
P

Petesexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
By the way, my 2000 has 220K miles. I had the entire rear subframe with body mounts replaced (at cost - the local guy took pity on me and it was still $1,560) due to rust. The next one is the radiator support, if I can get it fixed for less than $1,500...But everything else works fine...after I spent $500 on intake manifold gasket replacement.