Oil fill pipe removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob Adams

Reaction score
Help! I bought a 4.6L 2v Windsor motor to do a swap and the guy I bought the motor from when he pulled the motor broke this flange. I thought it was going to be cosmetic but the cap doesn't seal. It's broken off just below where the o-ring seats. Has anybody found a replacement filler tube and would happen to have a part number? How does this one come off? I see 4 tabs that appear to need to be pressed inward, but it appears to be fused/glued to the cover as well? I really don't want to buy a whole new valve cover just for this.

yxIzu2P.jpg

jShOGky.jpg

OP
OP
R

Rob Adams

Reaction score
I should also mention that the motor coming out is a Romeo not a Windsor, so the valve covers are not interchangeable sadly. Otherwise I'd use use my old ones. Interestingly enough the ones in the car also have this style of fill pipe and it seems to be glued in as well??

Killer Ride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You have 2 options you can go to the junkyard or pick apart and buy a valvecoer and install it or buy the cover and cut the part the oil cap fits on about a 1/2 in below the flange and epoxy it to the existing valve cover giving it a much better look like I did

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Killer Ride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can post some pics tomorrow if you like

OP
OP
R

Rob Adams

Reaction score
I was able to procure a 2nd right side valve cover for free, however it appears this one was for something that had the threaded part potentially elsewhere (hose attached or something). Is there an adapter I can get for it to put a threaded top/cap?

egMtXTs.jpg

QdFKXcS.jpg

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
I pulled this off an junk Mercury Mountainer with the 4.6L. I thought it would make adding oil easier. However, it did not fit my oil hole on my 2000 4.6l. It may be what you need. I have no use for it. Send a personal reply and I will mail it. IMG_0030[1].JPG This might be what you need.IMG_0025[1].JPG

OP
OP
R

Rob Adams

Reaction score
I pulled this off an junk Mercury Mountainer with the 4.6L. I thought it would make adding oil easier. However, it did not fit my oil hole on my 2000 4.6l. It may be what you need. I have no use for it. Send a personal reply and I will mail it. View attachment 35608 This might be what you need.View attachment 35607

Hey man I really appreciate the offer! That's for a different style valve cover than mine unfortunately. I WISH mine had that style with just the twist on/off fill spout. Mine appear to be fused/glued to the covers with no way to take them off.

Killer Ride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Would love to see that!
Here are some pics of my valve cover with modified oil filler
86df2565a026dffd542e15db52051095.jpg
593ac01df7002737a7fefac2955c3fb8.jpg
1fffe42ae033ccf345c405af3e959148.jpg

Killer Ride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I cut the neck about a 1/2 in blow the flange and the with a chisel cracked off th part that connected to the valve cover and then epoxies it on with the 1/2 in going into the hole I cleared out. It looked like that picture of the valve cover you have with no flange after I cut it off