Oil Filter Removal Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keydo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oil Filter Removal Help

Have an '03 EXPY without the oil filter remotely located in an easier position like those trucks with the tow package.

As a result, the oil filter is just forward of the cross member and REALLY difficult to get out.

Anyone have any tricks?

The filter wrench that I've used in the past has been pretty successful in getting out the most stubborn of oil filters.

CDefault-105.jpg

But this time, there is just no room to for getting enough leveral in there.

Does anyone have any tricks or suggestions or better tools in getting that stubborn filter out.

I've already put an order in for relocating the oil filter so I don't have to deal with this, but in the mean time, I need to get this oil filter off!

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you tried the type that looks like a really large socket? Some filters have flats on the end of them like nuts, and there are large "sockets" (actually called "End Cap Oil Filter Wrench").

I use one, and it works really well.

You may be able to use some combination of extensions and universals to get at yours. :cool:

See pic:

Attachments

• 2790.gif
    7.9 KB · Views: 201

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmdunham2