Oil leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman53534

Reaction score
Had oil pressure switch replaced at shop because of it showing no oil pressure on first start when cold out and by reading post this seems to be the norm. So now i have a oil leak after they replaced the switch ? Now they tell me that i now need a oil adapter ? Any thoughts!

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

Please add the year and engine to your signature line. That way in the future we will know which year & generation of Expy when looking up the info to help you fix it.

The vehicle is 14 years old and will leak. Why not fix it yourself?

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

fordman53534

Reaction score
Well I guess you didn't read it because it has no leaks until they put oil pressure switch in. And it's a 5.4 2001 expedition Eddie Bauer edition

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes I did read it and you haven't stated where the leak is at. Depending on where it is, it may only be a defective sensor. There is another member on here that had the same issue with 3 bad sensors in a row.

Last edited:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I guess you didn't read it because it has no leaks until they put oil pressure switch in. And it's a 5.4 2001 expedition Eddie Bauer edition

I would say the he read it and his advice was good and also I may say free

If it didn't leak prion to paying for a new switch to be installed I would suspect a faulty (leaky) new switch.

Now your choice would be to pay for a new adaptor as was suggested by those that charge or to try the free advice from someone that knows what they are talking about and has been on this forum for some time helping others and is very familiar with these types of problems.

Also it is very helpful when coming on the forum to give year model information as it helps that know about the many changes Ford has made over the years to give you a good response.

One thing to think about Maybe and just maybe the person that you paid to change the switch may have done something wrong and rather than admit he caused the leak he is now telling you that you need the adaptor to cover his A$$

OP
OP
F

fordman53534

Reaction score
and you would be right! because i did have the oil adapter replaced and then took it to a machine shop to check it for a crack and there is a crack in the threads were the switch goes in.:think: