Oil plug quick release

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is the oil pan actually Aluminum? I'm 99% sure my oil pan is plastic POS.

I just read that the F150's got plastic oil pans and then in march of 2018 they went back to getting an aluminum oil pan because the plastic pans leaked non stop. GREAT!

I wonder if some of you have an Aluminum pan and some have the plastic?

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
I watched a Youtube Vid of the new Mustang, with the yellow plastic, quick release drain(factory, not aftermarket). It drained with such force, it got oil everywhere. Nitrile gloves and rag, don't over think it.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I just read that the F150's got plastic oil pans and then in march of 2018 they went back to getting an aluminum oil pan because the plastic pans leaked non stop. GREAT!

The '16 is aluminum.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Some of the early production Gen 4 Expeditions did have the plastic oil pan with the yellow plastic drain plug. I forget when they switched over to the aluminum oils pans, but mine has the aluminum oil pan and had a build date in April, 2018.