Oil plug quick release

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If I had to guess it would be to keep the protruding plug from being exposed to potential bottoming out resulting in broke heads or hard to remove scuffed heads.
All my other Fords are on the bottom...never was an issue.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All my other Fords are on the bottom...never was an issue.
Hmmm. I’m trying to think if I have ever seen in directly on the bottom. Everyone I can think of has been on the side, some angled down but zero on the bottom

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Most of my other vehicles face the rear of the car to when the oil sprays out it doesn't paint the brakes! lol

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Engineers could not care less about maintenance, only about how the pieces fit together. Why else would oil filters be so damn hard to reach.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hmmm. I’m trying to think if I have ever seen in directly on the bottom. Everyone I can think of has been on the side, some angled down but zero on the bottom
The 04 & 06 had them on the rear of the pan angled down. The 3 pickups have them on the bottom.

Last edited:

darmahsd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I also would think so it doesn't snag anything protruding
up from the road, especally if your 4 wheeling, which I know isn't done hardcore with most of these vehicles.
But that would be my issue with a Fumoto. Too much stuff with the valve mechanism extending down that
POSSIBLY can go wrong. I've been using those Stahlbus types on all my vehicles, which I think is similar to those old Fram ones.
The Chinese knockoffs are OK. The advantage, especially
on a car like my wife's Kia Optima, with it's undercarriage faring, is that you can divert the oil drain with the hose so you can avoid a mess. Just leave enough drain time, because, yes, it is slower.
Stephen

barongan

Reaction score
Thanks for posting..I'll be ordering that.
o.png

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
does Fumoto make one for the 4th gens? I looked on their site and it only goes to 2017......

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
My 05 F350 6.0L had the drain on the bottom of the oil pan. I put a Fumoto on. 100k miles of snow plowing in New England and plenty of off road adventures and never an issue. I think if you're bottoming out your oil pan you've got bigger issues to worry about. I wouldn't use the two piece set up. Just more chances for a leak around the O-rings. I'll use the F107N and if the skid plates are in the way, a small piece of hose attached to it will make all right with the world.