Ok I am lost here with a/c solar sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

red423

Reaction score
Thanks to Stamp I got the codes from my ECM for the a/c system, now?? it shows a 1259 code which is a/c solar radiation sensor fault to ground. which is probably why the last owner broke the blend door actuator to keep the a/c blowing cold, ok I got the diagnostics, where in the hay is the a/c solar sensor and what exactly does one look like??????? paaahhhlease I don't even see one in my 03 ford expy wiring manual I have. any ideas??????????

Last edited:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
D1 CHECK THE SOLAR RADIATION SENSOR RESISTANCE
Key in OFF position.
Disconnect: Solar Radiation Sensor C286.
Measure the resistance between the solar radiation sensor terminals C286-1 and C286-5 and if vehicle is equipped with DATC, between C286-5 and C286-6.

Is continuity present and the resistance greater than 0 ohms?
Yes
GO to D2 .

No
INSTALL a new solar radiation sensor and bracket. TEST the system for normal operation

Attachments

• solar.gif
    solar.gif
    3.7 KB · Views: 46
OP
OP
R

red423

Reaction score
I ordered one today from tasca, took a while searching to figure out it is also a sun light sensor also used on several different models. will update when I get the new part. thanks red423

OP
OP
R

red423

Reaction score
yes I did,

in fact I went so far as to dismantle the thing, found out it had cold solder connections, went ahead took a 35 watt iron and re did the sensor and tried to get a reading, eh so -so. ordered a new one. buuuutttt since I have your attention. when I hit defrost after the diagnostic, the codes don't clear and I don't get 888 only a black screen, did I miss something??