one of these Ford's is not like the other

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
GT.jpg

Spent all day yesterday at a test track with some supercars including a brand new Ford GT. First time I've ever seen one and I was blown away. Simply incredible in every regard- looks, quality of materials, quality of build, fit & finish, the kick ass gull wing doors, the sound and, of course, the performance. Just insane.

And I know it's a little gay but I just had to get a picture of the expy with it....

One very interesting note- the headlights are a combo of HID and LED. The headlamp assemblies themselves are works of art.

IMG_1487.JPG

IMG_1491.JPG

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What do you mean theyre a combo of HID and LED? According to Ford theyre only LEDs

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Expedition makes the GT look like a rolling turd... not even kidding, ugly car.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Disagree

That headlight design is sooooo alibaba-via-ebay flavoured

gtncpa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It pays homage back to the original GT 40 from the 60's that beat Enzo Ferrari at his own game. (24 Hours at Le Mans) In 1966 the GT 40 came in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 7th .... and 50 years later Ford went back to Le Mans and did it again.

le-mans-icon-ford-gt40.jpg

For anyone that does not know the Ford Ferrari story read
5148CaxZY5L.jpg

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It pays homage back to the original GT 40 from the 60's that beat Enzo Ferrari at his own game. (24 Hours at Le Mans) In 1966 the GT 40 came in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 7th .... and 50 years later Ford went back to Le Mans and did it again.

le-mans-icon-ford-gt40.jpg

For anyone that does not know the Ford Ferrari story read
5148CaxZY5L.jpg

Now that original was a good looking car, something about the new one I just don’t like. I respect it because I am a ford guy, but I just don’t like it... if that makes any sense.

Last edited: