Open loop runs good, closed loop runs bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bojaz01

Reaction score
check plugs? mine was missfiring like crazy, when i replaced plugs and wires, the plugs were all gapped btwn .65 and .75......way off what they are supposed to be.....runs like a ***** ape now

Exia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
check plugs? mine was missfiring like crazy, when i replaced plugs and wires, the plugs were all gapped btwn .65 and .75......way off what they are supposed to be.....runs like a ***** ape now

He has plugs and cops..
please try and read the full thread.

Now for the issue, if you can find a use ECU I would try that should beable to pick one up @ a junk yard switch them out see what happens, if the same, than just return. There is no harm in trying

Last edited:

tsgrpr97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Toms89

Lemme throw this out there...What do you think about too much egr flow? The line going to the sensor with the fixed orifice that measures backpressure/flow (sorry I don't know offhand what its called). If that line is blocked, the pcm will be recieving erroneous data, and the actual egr flow could be much higher than its reporting. The extra egr will be real hard to ignite, but might not necessarily set any codes for mixture.

Last edited:

Exia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Toms89

Lemme throw this out there...What do you think about too much egr flow? The line going to the sensor with the fixed orifice that measures backpressure/flow (sorry I don't know offhand what its called). If that line is blocked, the pcm will be recieving erroneous data, and the actual egr flow could be much higher than its reporting. The extra egr will be real hard to ignite, but might not necessarily set any codes for mixture.

DPFE Sensor ( Differential Pressure Feedback )

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
i do know that a temp sensor thinks its over heating it will go into limp in mode cuting fuel by the pcm . you say rust by the pcm i would check the grounds

OP
OP
E

Expy_97

Reaction score
Found it...

Looks like one of the new injectors I just installed had a malformed O-ring. I replaced it last night and it seemed to fix the power problem. I can't really explain why it would work for a few minutes, but that seems to have resolved it so far. I reset the PCM after fixing the O-ring, so there is a possibility that it could still relearn to run bad again. I'll give it a week or so and then let you guys know.

Thanks for all the help!

OP
OP
E

Expy_97

Reaction score
Continues to run bad

So it took longer this time for the reset to wear off. It is again missing, and running with little power. It seems like the o-rings provided with the injectors were incorrect as they all installed with very little effort. I ordered a full set of o-rings and plan to replace them tonight. We will see what happens after that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker