Opinions on this vertical grill?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackEB2008

Reaction score
I think it'll look good. The stock one I think is mis-matched for your truck. The change out will definitely be worth the money and the effort. I say do it... of course, MHO.

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think it looks good, but I like this black vertical grille better (it is a bit less gaudy): http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-0...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I had a similar aftermarket grille (but chrome horizontal). The chrome finish came off after 3 or 4 years and I'd bet the black coating would come off that one, too.

Honestly, if I were you, I'd pull out the OEM grille and paint the insert black using spray paint made for plastic (like Krylon Fusion). I think that would look best, be the cheapest/easiest, and longest-lasting.

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
honestly I think they both look ugly and I agree that coating is cheap I seen alot of 150s lately with that grille and its all peeling off badly. i would just spray paint ur stock grille black and add like a chrome mesh behind the stock grille

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
honestly I think they both look ugly and I agree that coating is cheap I seen alot of 150s lately with that grille and its all peeling off badly. i would just spray paint ur stock grille black and add like a chrome mesh behind the stock grille

:signs75:

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score

x2, painting your stock grille black will defeinitely give it a nice touch. I'm not a fan of those vertical grilles at all.

Or go all out and buy a black billet grille like I did. I love mine.

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
oh and while you're at it, remove the tan pin stripe you have since it sticks out like a sore thumb after you painted your trim.