Ouch. Big Money Into My Expy...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expedition Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Went with the whole nose "armor" package.

Entire front XPEL clearbra'ed (A-pillars, side mirrors, partial roof).
Also went with Exoshield (99% UV protect) on the outside of the windshield and legal ceramic tints.

These are not cheap options, but for me it is the first steps in keeping it safe (I hate window & paint chips) and the interior cooler.

My next step is to have all the drivetrain fluids changed at 5-6K (first engine oil change at 1K already).

This has been my "official policy" with almost all of my new vehicles whether I intend to keep them long term or not. Yes, it is not cheap (or even necessary) but I guess the peace of mind for me goes a long way. It also translates if I ever consider a private sale down the line (for buyer peace of mind too, though it most certainly in not a dollar for dollar advantage).

And FWIW I was SHOCKED at the color of fluid that came out of my past Chevy and Dodge 4x4's after so few (non-towing) driveline miles...

I wiil report what Ford says here as they may go into the whole 10spd "sealed transmission" thing.

Be safe, and as always, YMMV--

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you done Exoshield before? Can't say I've ever seen it in person, and online reviews for what they are worth, some people mention a rainbow effect in certain lighting, like early AM eastbound or early evening westbound when the sun is at the horizon. Others swear they've never seen any such rainbow effect. Care to share the cost of Exoshield? Believe i was quoted $600, maybe more, on an Infiniti sedan 2-3 years back. But imagine the Expedition windshield is much larger.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Also went with Exoshield (99% UV protect) on the outside of the windshield and legal ceramic tints.

These are not cheap options, but for me it is the first steps in keeping it safe (I hate window & paint chips) and the interior cooler.

My next step is to have all the drivetrain fluids changed at 5-6K (first engine oil change at 1K already).

This has been my "official policy" with almost all of my new vehicles whether I intend to keep them long term or not. Yes, it is not cheap (or even necessary) but I guess the peace of mind for me goes a long way. It also translates if I ever consider a private sale down the line (for buyer peace of mind too, though it most certainly in not a dollar for dollar advantage).

And FWIW I was SHOCKED at the color of fluid that came out of my past Chevy and Dodge 4x4's after so few (non-towing) driveline miles...

I wiil report what Ford says here as they may go into the whole 10spd "sealed transmission" thing.

I did full expel on front, lower panels, back bumper and below chrome beltline and running boards..as well as some interior bits. I love the stuff. Including detail/correction window tint and ceramic coating I paid $3800

Curious about the windshield film. My windshield already looks like the night sky filled will stars when the light hits it right. And I only have 3k miles.

OP
OP
Expedition Dave

Expedition Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Exoshield was $450 which I felt was pricey. Have not noticed any rainbow effect but the window seems to have a lot less glare/heat. I still need these films to dry and settle, so Saturday will be a week for a clarity check.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score

I worked for a place that uses V10 E450 Superduty. The only thing that gets changed on them is the oil. They go 200K without 'driveline' fluid changes. I don't think a dealer will change fluids on a brand new vehicle, that's under warranty. Changing break in oil at 1000mi, is not recommended either. I did hear some of the 6R80 transmission are about 1 quart low, from the factory.