P1633 blowing fuse 5 PCM woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pmari

Reaction score
Long time lurker, fist time posting.
04 EB Expedition recently got a CEL (P1633) and shortly after that no power to HVAC unit, no remote start or door locks, locked in park. Blowing fuse 5 (PCM). Vehicle runs and drives

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

I tell ya, it ain't easy being me, I get no respect. No respect I tell ya!!!

She is what you call a two bagger - one bag for her & one bag for you in case her bag falls off!

You know my doctor, Dr. Vinny BoomBa...

I miss Rodney's comedy...

How are you with wiring diagrams?

OP
OP
Pmari

Pmari

Reaction score
:anitoof:

I have basic follow a circuit skills. Nothing to brag about....But I d love to see one anyway.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any one of the branch circuits can cause your short. I use an ato circuit breaker instead of fuses when troubleshooting the circuits. That keeps the cost down since I'm not buying fuses.

The proper t/s way would be to isolate each branch circuit and see if the breaker trips. Then once it is found check the modules on that branch. You will need the correct terminal release tool to pull the connector out of the plug.

Attachments

• F1.5.pdf
    226 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
Pmari

Pmari

Reaction score
Thanks Stamp! I may be in over my head but I'm going to give it a try. Do you have a part number or name of the terminal release tool?

OP
OP
Pmari

Pmari

Reaction score
Thanks again Stamp. I have signed up for FORSCAN and should have my dongle and breaker fuse tomorrow. Can I connect with forscan to the modules on fuse5 with a blown fuse (short)??

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope, they need power to operate. If the canbus has a short there may not be any communication with Forscan.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Looking at that wiring diagram it's nice to know if I was in your situation I'd only have to troubleshoot 5 out of the 11 sub-branches lol thumbs up for a basic XLT model

Ps I'm not gonna lie I am confused about this:

Longtime lurker, fist time posting.
04 EB Expedition recently got a CEL (P1633) and shortly after that no power to HVAC unit, no remote start or door locks, locked in park. Blowing fuse 5 (PCM). Vehicle runs and drives

OP
OP
Pmari

Pmari

Reaction score
[QUOTE="Ps I'm not gonna lie I am confused about this:Longtime lurker, fist time posting.04 EB Expedition recently got a CEL (P1633) and shortly after that no power to HVAC unit, no remote start or door locks, locked in park. Blowing fuse 5 (PCM). Vehicle runs and drives[/QUOTE]

What is confusing? Actually I have 8 to TS. I'm pretty sure I can cross off the brake light switch since I just replaced it (so 7). Still a PITA!!!!

Last edited: