Painted stock wheels anyone??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZombieEXP

Reaction score
I have the stock wheels on my 98 EB edition and Im thinking of painting them (or all but the gray parts) black. Any one done this so I can see what it will look like?

OP
OP
ZombieEXP

ZombieEXP

Reaction score
I ended up using the VHT wheel paint and clear coat. I'll see how they hold up to weather as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That looks really nice! Sorry I guess I should have answered your original question. Plasti-dip seems to hold up very nicely. One thing I don't care for is it tends to fade to a very light black (if that makes sense) and the road salt sticks to it like crazy in the winter, so they are always dirty. But for what it cost me, I am happy with it. Please let us know how the VHT continues to hold up!

ryanman1

Reaction score
I painted mine with plastidip, 4 coats each, and then used a rustoleum glossifier, 2 coats, over that. Look pretty nice imo, people normally don't think they're stocks. They've held up pretty good, only a few imperfections on them, after 6 months of paint being on them

RevBBD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used self etching primer and satin black Krylon Fusion. Holds up pretty good and when they get marred up from off roading you just wash them off and touch them up again. The road salt is doing a number on the lugs (I prefer the look without the center caps), but when it warms up I'll just touch them up again.

picture.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
badbolr