Painting tow bar/hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

My tow bar/hitch is looking a little weathered. Has anyone refurbished/painted theirs? What products/techniques?
Thanks in advance!

abbyzdad

Reaction score
plasty

i had mine (hitch and reciever) powder coated--a little expensive but very durable. you will never have to refinish them again.

good luck, brian

OP
OP
G

Now that's an idea! I'll look into it. Although $$ may sway my decision.

Thanks Brian.

OP
OP
G

I have seen guys putting line-x on them to keep them from rusting and it look pretty good. Much cheaper than powder coating and pretty durable.

OP
OP
G

Originally posted by plasty
My tow bar/hitch is looking a little weathered. Has anyone refurbished/painted theirs? What products/techniques?
Thanks in advance!
Wire brush the whole thing. Use some steel wool. Mask the lower portion of the bumper with wide masking tape. Mask the trailer electrical connector. Spray a couple of light coats with Krylon or Rustoleum, either flat black or satin black. Wait ten minutes. Remove masking tape. Looks great. No sweat.

OP
OP
G

Just did mine last week.
I used Por-15 and their topcoat.
Will never rust or have to be painted ever again.

Joval

Reaction score
DOES ANYONE KNOWS WHERE I CAN FIND ON THE INTERNET THE AUTO PARTS RELATED TO THE RUBBER BUSHINGS AS WELL AS THE END BOLTS for the Ford Expedition 98' EB anti-sway bar ???

GRACIAS

JOVAL

EXPY 98' EB 4X4