Parking aid...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

legendary70

Reaction score
Hello.

Very excited on fixing things here and there on my 2013 expedition. My reset switch situation was fixed by the alarm installer disconnecting the negative terminal from the battery. WoW.

There was a fender bender in the rear of my truck before i bought it. the rear parking aid on the rear of the truck (passenger side) is not aligned with the bumper hole. Plus it does not work. It does not make the sound when i get close to something. The information in the dash tell me to check rear parking aid. Now it also asks me (rear parking aid= ON or OFF).

Is there away to tell it ON? I have tried using the wheel radio buttons, the cruise control buttons, the OK button and nothing seems to be able to go the ON option and click OK, just in case it is OFF. any ideas? Any ideas how much it would cost to fix that rear aid?

thank you.

bumper aid.jpg

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
legendary70

legendary70

Reaction score
ok I found out a lot yesterday. I want to replace that one sensor in picture. now they are pretty cheap. my question is: if one sensor is out....will the whole rear park aid be out (no sound)?

thx

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I would just guess that one bad sensor would disable the entire system. If it didn't, the unit wouldn't be fail-safe. But that's just my guess.

OP
OP
legendary70

legendary70

Reaction score
k. plus i just watched a youtube video about how to check if they are working. the sensors make a rattling noise. I will look into that. thx for all the help