Parking Sensors Fault After Car Wash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tripoli

Reaction score
Title pretty much sums it up. It's been a week and the fault is still there. This seems like a stupid problem to have. Anything I can try before the trudge to the dealer?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Title pretty much sums it up. It's been a week and the fault is still there. This seems like a stupid problem to have. Anything I can try before the trudge to the dealer?

You could look behind the bumper fascia to see if any of the sensor’s wiring connections have been dislodged (such as by an underbody car wash spray)?

Do you have front and rear sensors?

OP
OP
Tripoli

Tripoli

Reaction score
You could look behind the bumper fascia to see if any of the sensor’s wiring connections have been dislodged (such as by an underbody car wash spray)?

Do you have front and rear sensors?
Yes front and rear. There’s so much crap under there I can only lay eyes on two of them, which look fine. From the outside, there’s no evidence of anything crooked or out of place. Water in a connector seems likely, but certainly a dumb problem.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Water in the connector is most likely the issue. On the Raptor forum they talk about it and then blow the connector out with air. If you live in a dry climate it should clear up soon. Yeah not sure the design or was the car wash pressure extra strong.

OP
OP
Tripoli

Tripoli

Reaction score
Water in the connector is most likely the issue. On the Raptor forum they talk about it and then blow the connector out with air. If you live in a dry climate it should clear up soon. Yeah not sure the design or was the car wash pressure extra strong.
Yeah, that’s why I waited a week in the hope it’d dry out. Still waiting. 80° here in Texas. The car wash has both a high pressure looking wheel/lower body sprayer and a dude standing out front with a pressure washer who hits the front grille and bumper. Thinking of asking him to stand down going forward.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wash my car at least once a week at a high-pressure automatic car wash with no issues. The wiring and harnesses should not be an issue at a car wash, unless they are loose, cracked or wiring is frayed. You can purchase electrical wire sealer spray, (CRC, Sprayon, Performix, 3m, Gardner), to seal under-carriage wiring and connectors. I use it on boats, Golf Carts, EVs, ATVs and autos.

gural

Reaction score
I had it the same last year after the winter when i went car wash

First i putted car in garage
I took (disconnect) all eletrical connection between sensors and wire with hair dryer make them dry as i could
Then I putted there a sum kind of anty water past which displaces water.

Plugged all togeter and since then i do not have the problem

RSNovi

Reaction score
The park assist failed on my 2020. I used Forscan to identify which sensor was faulty. I replaced the sensor and it still didn't work. Something must have happened in the harness between the ECU and sensor or the ECU failed. I ended up just deactivating it all because the ECU is located in a difficult place to get to.

OP
OP
Tripoli

Tripoli

Reaction score
While I did not see this supposed damage, the dealer ended up saying a rock had hit a sensor and cracked it. Fortunately my insurance covered that. Problem solved.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65