Part number for tail pipe hanger bracket?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

barberjb

Reaction score
The hanger on the tail pipe rusted off this week, so that will need to be replaced, but the support bracket attached to the frame is in pretty bad shape too. I have not had any luck finding the part number for that bracket, though I realize I might be stuck with a junkyard part anyway. Any help would be appreciated - thanks! Picture of part below - it has two prongs that insert into the top part of the insulator.

expedition-exhaust-hanger.png

Plati

Reaction score
Mine rusted and fell down too. 2003XLT. I had 3 appropriately sized stainless steel hose clamps and fastened it back on nice and secure. I had parts laying around but they are cheap to purchase. Its lasted nicely and is still very solid.

I did a post with some pictures when it happened. See post #34 & 36
https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/wny-rust.34632/page-4#post-325589

The trick with this Beater is to keep it running, on the road, and safe without investing a lot of money into it … since I have no idea when the Grim Reaper will come for it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

barberjb

Reaction score
Thanks for that link, MrSticker. I was considering that as a solution. Looks like I will move forward with that.