Passenger window guide holders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My window came off the hinges in the door... there are 2 hinges with 1 in the front and 1 in the back... my window has completely come out of these hinges making it unable to lower the window all the way or raise it safely.

Has anyone come across this problem? It's not the guide rails... the hinges that hold the window in place to go up and down

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one? 11 days later

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Weird, have never heard of this. The regulator has two white plastic-type holders, more like clamps, that you refer to as hinges. You slip the glass into these clamps and tighten their bolt. It sounds like your bolts have come loose? I only recall two on my '08, maybe earlier had 3?

I grabbed this image from Google. This regulator is upside down, but I circled the clamps I mention in red. The glass slips into these clamps, the rubber holds it once tightened.

regulator.jpg

Going off of memory here, you'll have to remove the door panel. Plug the power window switch back in, lower the glass about half way. There is an access hole in the door to get to one clamp, then you'll have to raise or lower it some more to get to the second one.

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No rubber but some silicone that was used to hole the window in place...I need to get more silicone and look for the screws

Kryo-Genik

Reaction score
Weird, have never heard of this. The regulator has two white plastic-type holders, more like clamps, that you refer to as hinges. You slip the glass into these clamps and tighten their bolt. It sounds like your bolts have come loose? I only recall two on my '08, maybe earlier had 3?

I grabbed this image from Google. This regulator is upside down, but I circled the clamps I mention in red. The glass slips into these clamps, the rubber holds it once tightened.

regulator.jpg

Going off of memory here, you'll have to remove the door panel. Plug the power window switch back in, lower the glass about half way. There is an access hole in the door to get to one clamp, then you'll have to raise or lower it some more to get to the second one.

How do you remove that assembly from the doors? I need to replace the window channel runs on my rear driver and passenger doors. However there is like a rubber nub that seems to hold that assembly to the door dead center. How do you pull it?

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you remove that assembly from the doors? I need to replace the window channel runs on my rear driver and passenger doors. However there is like a rubber nub that seems to hold that assembly to the door dead center. How do you pull it?
Take for off and lower the window all the down... take out all the screws holding the speaker housing in the doors then u can take out the screws holding it in