Phone call echo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Password

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been getting complaints while I'm on the phone in the truck that there's an echo, the person I'm talking to can hear themselves. Does anyone know how to correct this? It happens when I'm plugged in through the USB and also when I'm on Bluetooth. I'm assuming there's a setting somewhere but I don't know where to look. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S10.

Dahammer

Reaction score
The Echo that happens is mostly the carrier's fault (Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, etc.) It doesn't matter if on cable, FIOS, or cell tower. Weather (rain) can also play into account for Echo. Even a bad cell tower can cause this.

You can also report this to customer service to have a tech check the cell tower if it happens at the exact location.

Note-Also, it can occur when the receiver of calls uses WiFi/Cell/computer to answer calls or make calls remotely being plugged into the router using the desktop or laptop.

It's infrequent for the mic on the phone to fail unless it's dropped from a high height.

Your best bet is for the receiver and caller to reboot and try again. And if that doesn't work, wait until you get strong signal strength and reboot.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's either the fault of the carrier, which occasionally happens, or the person you are talking to is either using their speaker or a cheap earpiece with no or bad noise cancelling. I went through 3 hands free earpieces until I found one that didn't echo.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been getting complaints while I'm on the phone in the truck that there's an echo, the person I'm talking to can hear themselves. Does anyone know how to correct this? It happens when I'm plugged in through the USB and also when I'm on Bluetooth. I'm assuming there's a setting somewhere but I don't know where to look. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S10.
Fairly certain that this is a phone/carrier issue. It isn't the same person all the time is it?
Restart the phone and see if that helps. If not. Delete the phone from the radio and the radio from the phone and redo the pairing process.

OP
OP
Password

Password

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fairly certain that this is a phone/carrier issue. It isn't the same person all the time is it?
Restart the phone and see if that helps. If not. Delete the phone from the radio and the radio from the phone and redo the pairing process.
I unpaired and then paired the phone to the radio. It seemed to have fixed it. I'll try again after work.
The echo was happening on every call no matter who it was.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire