Photos of Trailer(s) that you tow with your Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whowey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I really don't know what I could have done differently short of using a different trailer. I get shivers when I think about how dangerous that was. I nearly lost control at least 10 times, I could usually power out of a bad wag but every now and again it'd get way too bad and start sending me all over the place.

Dude! Now I just may have a direction for its future ;-)

What show?

Unfortunately those U-haul POS trailers only have surge brakes. If you had electric brakes, you would have been able to tap the brakes on trailer only to bring it under control. The trailer's short length created much of your problem. Because of the weight of the old girl loaded incorrectly on that short trailer is what causes the wagging. You had the weight too far rearward on the axles. Even a foot of extra length pushing the trailer axles rearward would have helped the control.

Milwaukee

Reaction score
I experience WICK fish tailing on F350 with tri axle trailer. Problem was Hitch set too LOW.

Of course my expedition did that was scary ride on highway. Thank lord for electric brake controller I installed save my butt many times.

Of course I raise hitch pintle hitch 3" up it stop but expedition aren't made to tow tri axles trailer :whymewhyme:

Last edited:

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i agree with the uhaul being to short over all and the axles are not set back enough to give proper tongue weight with a pickup of that size... good thing you made it safe

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
i agree with the uhaul being to short over all and the axles are not set back enough to give proper tongue weight with a pickup of that size... good thing you made it safe

Yeah dude that was probably the worst trailer I have ever towed! And BTW, electric brakes FTW!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I told this about 30 miles each way, she was heavy! It's a 16ft dual axle 7000gvw trailer with electric brakes I revamped a year ago along with all new wheel bearrings!

y3y9ejum.jpg

And she was full of these! (Couldn't take the stage out because we had nowhere to put it, it alone weighs probably 1k!).

2a2ygy9u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbanks

Full Access Members
Reaction score
44269-albums633-picture4655.jpg

32 Ft Bumper Pull Camper - Rental!

I thought I was only going to have to pull it 8 miles but the camper rental place moved and it was more like 12. No Brake Controller. No Load Leveling Hitch. I got up to about 55 miles an hour and was fine. But when I hit 60 the wag started and I backed off. The weight of the camper was about 5000lbs. I took a bunch of weight out of the back of the Navigator and loaded it into the camper trying to spread the weight. The back of the Navigator was WAY LOW! I have converted to coils using the Monroe 90006 kit. I'm pretty sure it could use some heavier duty springs in the back. Many people have complained about the ride height after using the 90006 kit.

superexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
44269-albums633-picture4655.jpg

32 Ft Bumper Pull Camper - Rental!

I thought I was only going to have to pull it 8 miles but the camper rental place moved and it was more like 12. No Brake Controller. No Load Leveling Hitch. I got up to about 55 miles an hour and was fine. But when I hit 60 the wag started and I backed off. The weight of the camper was about 5000lbs. I took a bunch of weight out of the back of the Navigator and loaded it into the camper trying to spread the weight. The back of the Navigator was WAY LOW! I have converted to coils using the Monroe 90006 kit. I'm pretty sure it could use some heavier duty springs in the back. Many people have complained about the ride height after using the 90006 kit.

I bet that Navi was pissed...:rotflmao:

Expy530

Reaction score
2003 Expedition. Picture was taken in San Felipe Mexico. The other here in Willows California

Attachments

• 20131118_100109.jpg
    20131118_100109.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 297
  • 20131023_201557.jpg
    20131023_201557.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 378