Pin stripe removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SourMashII

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hair dryer and a razor blade with very careful hands...

Drag that blade backwards on concrete to roll the edge. Scrape with rulled edge to car. Less likely to dig into the paint that way.

;

... < that goes towards the body.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I took mine off, and it will look decent a month later, its just too time consuming to be any type of fun so get the eraser wheel, much better method

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
theres absolutely no need for a blade...hair dryer...yes...then use your finger nails to get the stip up...continue to use the hair dryer as you lightly pull the stripe off or you risk it snapping...may do it anyways...but dont use a blade...you'll scratch up your paint

SourMashII

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thass why ya roll the edge.. Been doing it that way in Detail shops I have been a minion, a boss, or the owner of, since 1996

Starman

Reaction score
I second the eraser wheel. Works fast and gets all the residue off. I used it afer removing the moulding strips on my Bronco. The 15 year old residue came off in short order.
imag0409.jpg
My sig pic shows the moulding that is no longer there...

dadamaja

Reaction score
when i bought my expy it didnt have none , but i have a blazer and i just let it sit in the sun and peeled it off without and problems.