Pin stripe removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure if any of you Eddie Bauer guys have every done this before, but since I am planning on painting my Eddie Bauer fender trim BLACK, my tan pin stripe will be the only tan thing left on the truck... therefore I'll need to remove it!

Any suggestions on how to remove it without destroying my paint? I also am scared of being able to see where the pin stripe was before...

This is the best tool I could find for the job:

http://www.amazon.com/Stripe-Off-Wheel-07498-Hardware/dp/B00063VT0G

Also, think I might be going with a spray on bed-liner rather than plasti-dip. Either that or some other type of "exterior" spray paint.

Bow Down

Reaction score
How I got mine off is, I let sit on a nice hot day outside for a while. Then started to peel it off, surprisingly it all came off. The heat warms the sticky adhesive enough to lift it off.

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I peeled mine off but it left the middle stripe that was originally the color of the truck on. I didnt like that but once you start you cant stop. The tool i used was my fingernails lol. Just go really slow peeling it off or it will go: rip, peel, rip, peel, rip, peel, and on and on.
Took me a while but I got it doneski.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
same thing, i just waited for it to sit in the sun, then just started peeling. if you go slow, then you can get most of it in long strips without it ripping too much.

Tigster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
leave it in the sun, then you can use a heat gun or a hair dryer to get it off.

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
I had huge pinstripe vinylish graphics on mine from the business that was the previous owner. I Used a hair dryer, and peeled off slowly. Any residue or glue that was left came off with Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover. Unfortunatley, the logo of the business is faded into the paint forever. That's why I have the 4x4 stickers on the rear of the truck to cover that up.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How I got mine off is, I let sit on a nice hot day outside for a while. Then started to peel it off, surprisingly it all came off. The heat warms the sticky adhesive enough to lift it off.

+1 on this...took my off clean...be patient with it though...if you pull to fast or hard it will keep tearing off...slow is fast and you'll be able to a lot more off at one time if you heed these instrructions

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Pinstripe removal

I had a fugly factory pinstripe on my Impala SS and I went to a automotive paint supply and bought one of the eraser wheels, put it in the end of my cordless drill, held it on an angle and 20 minutes later and a rinse with the hose...pinstipe GONE!...Its like a giant eraser..Oh yeah...it was like $10.00 and saved my fingers...LOL

Last edited: