Please give your seat review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a 04-06 Expedition. I have a base model Explore and the seats are not very comfortable. Are the cloth seats in an XLT comfortable? I have only been looking at vehicle with leather seats. Any input would be appreciated.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Oh Freeway you only like leather cuz you get spanked with it...its a personal preference, I personally don't see a difference in comfort over leather...I do know the leather is hot as shit in the summer when your wearing shorts and is cold in the winter...my 2 cents..

bertro

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've got leather too, so can't comment on quality of cloth. But I can comment on things like seat size, comfort and legroom, which i think are awesome in the fist row, very good in the 2 row and pretty decent in the 3rd row too.

One of the reasons why we chose the Expy over other 7-seater SUVs was the fact that the 3rd row offered decent seating to regular-sized adults. I've hauled friends in the 3rd row and asked them if they were confortable and nobody complained.

Last edited:

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also have leather but as far as the comfy factor, I love it. Plenty of room and good ride position.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Bremsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I only want to comment on the material choice. I say go with leather if you have kids (vinyl is even better). I had a cloth interior in my previous truck for the first bit of my sons life and cleaning up leather is 1000x easier.

VexedEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I prefer cloth myself but my last two vehicles have been leather. Leather good for looks bad for comfort in my opinion. I just put a cloth seat cover over mine.

bertro

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I only want to comment on the material choice. I say go with leather if you have kids (vinyl is even better).
2nd and 3rd row in Expys are entirely vinyl anyway.
I agree that vinyl/leather is so much easier to clean than cloth. My kids often eat in the car and the Civic's cloth seats are full of food stains. They'll be a pain to clean when I decide to sell the car.

Shadowless127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a 04-06 Expedition. I have a base model Explore and the seats are not very comfortable. Are the cloth seats in an XLT comfortable? I have only been looking at vehicle with leather seats. Any input would be appreciated.

I have owned nothing but Explorers, and unless you have a limited the seats do suck, and the leaf sprung rear end doesn't help comfort either.

I've sat in both leather and cloth 1st and 2nd gen Expy's and as far as comfort, I think the leather seats have a bit more cushion, but both are remarkably more comfortable then what passes for a seat in the Explorer.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have an 03 xlt with cloth seats. the cloth has held up well. as has the cushions. im 6'9" 350+ so the seats are being put through more than normal. i slide in and out of truck with out using the running boards. and the outside of the seat is still holding up.