Plugs/COP's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

khpony

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just spent 6 hours changing them and does my expedition run nice now. 6 of the cop's were original and my truck just turned 160K! I worried over doing this for several months and now wished I'd done it earlier. I could probably do it in 2-3 hours if I had to do it again. It's not hard you just have to take your time. And yes you definately want to replace the o-rings on the injectors. Now I'm ready to tackle the slopy steering column.

OP
OP
K

khpony

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Several of my old ones had deteriorated some and a total cost of about $5 it just made sense with the fuel rails being removed.

IAExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
+1 on the o rings. I changed my plugs last summer, didn't notice one had fallen off, and was SPRAYING gas when i turned the engine over. Spend the $5, you're under the hood anyway.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
some people remove the rail for easier access to the plugs... I didn't have to when I changed mine

OP
OP
K

khpony

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my 5.4 I didn't have any choice. No access with the rails installed. Suffered a cop misfire today. In line with the comments I've seen here on the ebay cop's. It's #8 and I'll change it in the morning. Having done them earlier this week and what I learned it shouldn't take but an hour or so. At least it wasn't #4!!

nordictom

Reaction score
Question, Is there a reason to change the COPS if they are not causing any problems? mileage limtations?

sorry for the hi-jack........

NT

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you aren't having any symptoms of a low grade miss or a CEL on I wouldn't change the COPs but then again if you feel like doing some preventative maintenance changing all COPs with plugs can only help... I used ebay coils from "global automotive" for almost 2 years now without a problem.... was under 100$ shipped for all 8... and for plugs I have autolite double platinums...

nordictom

Reaction score
I found the COP's on fleabay from GA, around $68 w/ free shipping. I'll put it on my to do list.

Thanks,

NT