Polish or replace headlight?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've tried searching but had no luck-does ANYONE make an aftermarket glass replacement headlight??? Or is that verboten???

Youve stumbled across one of the great mysteries of the universe

1) why would chinese aftermarket companies give a shit what is or isn't verboten in America?

2) on the off chance that they do, why not slap an "offroad use only" sticker on the box and call it done, regulations what regulations?

briangelc

Reaction score
REPLACE. they are just going to dull again in a month, every month. Carid.com has loads of choices. i do not recommend going back with the OEM style, as the light directing properties are inferior to some of the other choices. The 1990s was a bad time for headlights as the DOT made them diffuse light into so many directions that they were overall "weak".

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Whaaa?

It's WD40.

How are you getting such Redneck 101 basics wrong????

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also a good idea to pick up a Ford headlight adjuster wrench too.

There is? Where can I get one??

EDIT: Just did a quick google search. You just need a 4mm socket and a 1/4 drive ratchet.

Last edited:

swagfu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
double bad redneck science!!!
use OFF bug spray for an instant shine!

Make sure it has deet in the ingredient. I did this for an ex girlfriend and it worked great. Might have to keep doing it ever 5 or 6 months, maybe sooner depending on where you live. I still suggest replacement for a permanent fix.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Make sure it has deet in the ingredient. I did this for an ex girlfriend and it worked great. Might have to keep doing it ever 5 or 6 months, maybe sooner depending on where you live. I still suggest replacement for a permanent fix.

Who started shining, the headlight or the ex-GF??

Also, if you were polishing HER with the DEET, is "ex" just short for "former" wherein said former is on account of being untimely deceased??