Poor sound gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJ04

Reaction score
2004 Eddie Bauer with the top sound system (Nav and all that). The sound quality of the stereo is poor. Without getting rid of the whole thing (I like having the 6 CD trays) is the problem a poor amp or poor speakers? If just changing speakers will make it OK I will try that route. I know stock systems can be better than this one is; had a ,93 MKVIII and also a Town Car; both had much better sounding systems than this one and both were stock.

OP
OP
DJ04

DJ04

Reaction score
I bought a couple of Crutchfield speakers for the doors as I am hoping the poor sound is a result of poor speakers; am psyching up to loosen interior panels to install the speakers. I don't have a lot of experience fooling with such things as interior panels. I got the Crutchfield tool kit so I might be able to pull it off with no damage. Any hints from others who have done this sort of thing?

Steven68502

Reaction score
Actually with the right tools removing the door panels is a piece of cake. I’ve done it a few times replacing window regulators and door ajar switches on my 2003. There are several You Tube videos out there that explain and show it how to be done.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani