power block

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd like to build an isolated power system, with an isolated battery, and a power block for wiring accessories; including some kind of automatic switching that charges both batteries but keeps the battery used for starting from being drained.

anybody done anything like this?

DWhitley

Reaction score
I haven’t done a completely separated setup. I just ran mine from the battery to a added fuse block which is always hot and use relays powered by a key-On only feed to keep the battery from being drained. If I had to do it again, or when it gets too cluttered, I think next time I will find a combo panel that includes spots for the relays. Right now it is used for the interior accent lights, satellite radio, DVD player, and DRL portion of the aftermarket headlights on our 2000 Eddie Bauer. Soon will add wheel and underbody lighting as well as a cooler inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikezr

Reaction score
it's called a battery isolator it's like a one way switch let's power thru to the battery but doesnt allow the main battery to use any of it's power.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why use an isolator? im pushing 30K watts RMS and dont have an isolator...how big of a system are you planning to do? that determines what u do for batteries...i've posted pics of my setup and build

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
othermrsikes