Power boost to navigator numbers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pop302

Reaction score
Can expeditions be tuned to output navigator hp/torque? Any ecu mods available or are there more difference to the two cars than the tune?

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've not heard of any part number differences in the basic engine/powertrains of the two. I'm no expert by any means but Ford is keeping a pretty good clamp on actual differences between them.

I would suggest a call t someone like 5 star or a call to these guys....they will know for sure!

https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/

jeff

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
I’d stay away from livernois, 5 Star has better customer service, lower prices, and IMO better tunes

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
livernois is stellar. tunes are great. service is impeccable. you may get slightly more power (i dont know) but the vehicle/engine are not sacrificed in any way. our tune was for my wifes 2016 ford explorer platinum. her daily driver. perfect reliable performance with perfect shifting. we dynoed on an all wheel drive dyno and baselined 335 at the wheels before and 401 after.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
I owned 99 Lincoln Town Car, with the 4.6l. It would blow the doors off my 2000 4.6l Expedition. It was hard to believe it was the same motor. I suspect Lincolns are tuned different.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I owned 99 Lincoln Town Car, with the 4.6l. It would blow the doors off my 2000 4.6l Expedition. It was hard to believe it was the same motor. I suspect Lincolns are tuned different.

Yea it all depends on the application. The 4.6L in half ton application is built for dependability and torque vs being tuned for higher rev and horsepower in a car. Less output generally equals more durability from the engine. Same thing comparing Raptor 6.2L to Super Duty 6.2L.

Last edited:

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Yea it all depends on the application. The 4.6L in half ton application is built for dependability and torque vs being tuned for higher rev and horsepower in a car. Less output generally equals more durability from the engine. Same thing comparing Raptor 6.2L to Super Duty 6.2L.
There is company called Jet Performance Chips. They sell a pricey $250 add on, for the PCM. It installs in between harness and PCM. They claim all around better air/fuel ratio, spark timing, power and fuel mileage.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Apples and oranges! Weight for sure, final drive ratios, transmissions, drive trains, etc. also most truck engine derivatives are tuned for lower RPM torque. the 4.6L had several different iterations. a lot of them had visible differences on the top end via different intake manifolds. the manifolds had different length runners and other differences for torque vs power etc.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Likely different turbos, head and tuning.

you could absolutely reach 450hp via tuning only, but i would tend to agree with this assumption. at least partially. i dont think they have different heads, but i can absolutely see the use of different turbos. obviously tuning is involved as well.

i am confident that the extra hp and tq of the platinum vs standard engine is had by tuning only.