Power Distribution Relay Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

JunkyardDog

Reaction score
Hey, you did good! I used a bunch of old fuse box circuit expanders that were reformed and able to be used on the old glass fuses (picture attached.) We used to use them to add stereos back in the day when extra circuits were not available.

(I apologize for not replying promptly. Life threw me a bunch of curves. One of the curves was a computer crash!)

2015-04-19 10.21.14.jpg

2003FordGuy

Reaction score
Computer crash? That's right up my alley. I'm a PC Repairman. Lol. Yeah man. The mod is holding up great. Not long ago, about 8 months ago I had to desolder the fuel pump relay from the circuit board and solder in a new FP relay. Quite a headache. But I got the job done.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Curious, was the fuel pump relay the only one soldered in? Or were they all soldered in?

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like the OP beefed it up and it worked. That's what would do the first time. Sometimes I solder a jumper wire or run wire along the trace to beef it up a lot.

If later failure I would just solder wires to the terminal pads on the board and run wires to the outside to a full size 4 or 5 prong relay holder and glue it to side of module box.

WeldXMachina

Reaction score
Edit- I see now that there is no clip on the Distro Board for Pin 4, disregard question

I know this is an old thread, but I see you're still active in this forum. I've got the blades but haven't bought the Bosch style socket yet because I have a simple question:

Is Pin 4 on the block just not used? I realized that this mod only uses 4 pins and just wanted to make sure I understand.

I can *somewhat* make out wiring schematics with a lot of mental work, but it's not my strong point.

Last edited: