Power lift gate with kick assist on 2021 XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

minichunks

Reaction score
The novelty just isn't worth the risk to me of the tailgate damage that would be caused by randomly opening into my garage door or my trailer tongue jack, etc. I have disconnected my antenna to avoid any issues.

Mine opened into the grill of a brand new Ram pickup. The owner was not amused, nor was I. One of my sensors could be misaligned, but i'm done with the system.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No there isn’t
There is an option to disable the power liftgate (I think it is in the gauge cluster, not a button) but it disables the entire power liftgate, not just the kick sensor.

There are not many things on this vehicle that divide us forum users more than the kick sensor (with the exception of whether folks that don't tow anything need to buy the hd tow pack). I, personally, love the feature and would miss it if it were gone. But I do think there should be an option to disable it when loading/unloading, hitching a trailer, if you have a hitch rack mounted, etc.