Power Liftgate will not close with buttons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markschierling

Reaction score
Hi, My liftgate will not close with the buttons. Its like its dead. I have done the reset and changed the fuses. It goes up perfectly fine. It just wont go down. There is no beep, nothing from any of the buttons. Is it likely a broken wire somewhere? I wouldn't know where to start. I am at a loss.

Anybody have this issue?

Thanks

Mark

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi, My liftgate will not close with the buttons. Its like its dead. I have done the reset and changed the fuses. It goes up perfectly fine. It just wont go down. There is no beep, nothing from any of the buttons. Is it likely a broken wire somewhere? I wouldn't know where to start. I am at a loss.

Anybody have this issue?

Thanks

Mark

Year, make and model?

None of the buttons work; dash, inside the lift gate outside handle, the rear inside cargo area button, and the button on the remote fob?

mustangdrifterx

Reaction score
I had a similar problem on my 2017 Expy. took out trunk latch motor and found one of the 3 micro switches was misisng the metal piece that goes on top of it. my trunk wouldnt open or close with any buttons or remote.had replaced LTM and liftgate motor before.

Attachments

• 20210128_172621.jpg
    20210128_172621.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 11

Goofy173

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a similar problem on my 2017 Expy. took out trunk latch motor and found one of the 3 micro switches was misisng the metal piece that goes on top of it. my trunk wouldnt open or close with any buttons or remote.had replaced LTM and liftgate motor before.
BINGO. Up limit switch has not been made or the down limit is stuck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire