power loss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlo82585

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hey guys, I have a 2002 expedition that I have been fixing up for about a month now. I recently installed a new fuel pump assembly and I am getting an odd issue. the best way to describe it is basically a complete loss of power when you a turning left, but only when you are turning at higher speeds sharply or turning sharp and gassing the engine. I cant reproduce the issue under normal driving so the only time its an issue is when you pull out in front of a semi or something and you need to accelerate very quickly. while in the turn the engine will totally cut out, not miss or shudder. the RPM will start falling and there is no power to the wheels. as soon as the truck starts to shift its weight back to the center the power comes right back and the truck acts normal. the only code being thrown is for the evap pressure sensor. which is a wiring issue. the fuel pump is new so I doubt its that, any ideas? I am at a total loss.

OP
OP
J

jlo82585

Full Access Members
Reaction score
bumping this old thread as well as updating it as I am still having the issue. Got rid of the CEL ( turns out a wire on the evap pres. sensor was not connected very well). No more codes but still cutting out during left turns!? Seems to do it less frequently when the tank is above 1/2 but even if the tank is full it will do it once and awhile. I am going to try to get it on video to describe the issue better.

OP
OP
J

jlo82585

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No I replaced the fuel pump assembly because the fuel level sending unit was bad. I dont seem to remember this being a problem before I replaced the pump but I also kept my tank full before due to not having a fuel gauge.