Power Running Boards - Car Wash Beware.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjpic

Reaction score
Figure I'd post a warning, I went through the car wash last week with the running boards out (I usually do this to get them clean). Anyway, they failed to retract the passenger tire brush which caught the running board and did $ 1,200 of damage,

I may be the only one who's done this, just want to make sure nobody else does it.

valenrandy

Reaction score
Was the running board bent or did it break off? I have been through a self rolling carwash but I left the boards in. I extend them afterwards when I vacume and wipe them down myself. Do you have any pictures?

OP
OP
J

jjpic

Reaction score
Picture is attached.

Attachments

• 201.JPG
    201.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 353

valenrandy

Reaction score
Ouch! I see a hole and cracks on the front edge of the board. Is it still functional? That damage looks cosmetic and maybe it can be repaired?

va4wd

Reaction score
I did the same thing to my '14 when it was less than 48 hrs old. Fortunately it just nicked only the front end caps no other scratches. But what a bang it made!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kenko74

Reaction score
Thank you for the lesson learned. I was thinking of cleaning them the same way, now I won't. Sorry for your loss...

Hoosierex

Reaction score
Car wash versus running board

My 2013 i try to leave them down at beginning and retract them before the brutal stuff. But i had no idea how bad it could be! Thanks for the info

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yikes, I'll just stick to hand washing....

I wouldn't, I run my in a car was 2 or 3 times a week depending on weather and where I've had to drive. Zero issues thus far except the water leaks and poor body fitment that has nothing to do with the car wash.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1