Power running sometime it works sometimes not

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mlarv

Reaction score
Howdy All

I have a 2020 Platinum with the power running boards. The passenger side will go about half way up then stop and go back down. I have cleaned the hinges and lubed them. Is there an adjustment I can check.

Seems sometimes they go all the way up and stay then the next time it goes half way the back down.

Is a dealer visit in my future?

Thanks Mike

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are a bunch of threads on this; it's a common problem. The motors fail often. If you're under warranty, definitely take it to the dealer.

JD01

Reaction score
Howdy All

I have a 2020 Platinum with the power running boards. The passenger side will go about half way up then stop and go back down. I have cleaned the hinges and lubed them. Is there an adjustment I can check.

Seems sometimes they go all the way up and stay then the next time it goes half way the back down.

Is a dealer visit in my future?

Thanks Mike
Hello Mike, did you ever figure this out? Having the same issue on my King Ranch. Although when I drive it goes up with no issues. I can’t figure it out. I’m taking it to the dealer this week.

OP
OP
M

Mlarv

Reaction score
I had the dealer look at it the other day. There is a sensor on the motor that is bad on mine. When I got there it was working I told the Service Writer it figures it works when I get here. The Tech took it into the shop and it did it for him a few times. They have a new motor on order since there are no adjustments for it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik