Power window switch replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06EXP

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anybody know how to get to the power window switch on the passenger front door. The window will roll down but not up using the switch on the passenger side door. But it will work normally with the driver side swith. I'm thinking a loose wire or a bad switch, I can't seem to see how to get to it.

Thanks for the help!

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grab the trim piece that surrounds the switch and pull up.

Sorry, you have to pull the dark brown trim that surround the door handle first.

Here's a vid. :)

http://blip.tv/file/3252402

Last edited:
OP
OP

06EXP

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Grab the trim piece that surrounds the switch and pull up.

Sorry, you have to pull the dark brown trim that surround the door handle first.

Here's a vid. :)

http://blip.tv/file/3252402

Sweet!! Looks really easy. Just from me looking at it I thought the trim that is around the switches was molded into the entire door panel. Thanks for the vid!:):D:)

OP
OP

06EXP

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also, if it is the switch that is bad. What years of the Expy are the switches the same, I'm planning on getting one from the salvage yard. Mine is 06.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
03-06.

Not sure if you can snap one of the previous model in there. Have you tried openeing the switch itself and cleaning the contacts?

The video is about the LEDs in the switch not lighting up, so I maybe talking about that, not sure, but essentially, it'll show you how to take apart the maser switch. The passenger one should be similar. You should be able to clean the contacts without taking off the PCB board.

http://blip.tv/file/3015848

Last edited:
OP
OP

06EXP

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Am going to try to clean the contacts this evening, but just wanted to know what I could look for IF I have to buy a switch. Thanks alot ELEVATO!!

OP
OP

06EXP

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Alright.....I got the trim off and unplugged the switch and cleaned the contacts and now the switch will roll the window up about 1 out of 2 times. It will roll down every time you push the down button but you have to push the up button twice or sometimes three times to get it to go back up. So I might call around the local salvage yards to see if I can find a switch that works. Thanks alot Elevato for the vids!!

BLKSVT

Reaction score
I have the same issues in my 03, the drivers side front window switch works 1/2 the damn time. I'm just gonna replace it, I already tried cleaning it and that worked for a day or so...now the wife is asking what did you do it still doesn't work, thought you fixed it..blah..blah...blah