Powered Running Board motors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wolfe

Reaction score
2008 King Ranch EL (133" wheel base), right (passenger) running board noisy, pauses couple times going down and up, appears to be few broken teeth. I found a small rock between rear linkage that wouldn't let it fully open and kept cycling back closed, so thinking a few teeth got rounded or broken.

Question is this - can you buy only the motor? Ford part no. 9L7Z-16A506-B is the motor with both front and rear brackets and connecting rod for $1100 online possibly non-genuine as local Ford dealer wants $2100. Only ones online are the 9L7Z-16A506-A from Amazon, eBay, or most other non-genuine ford parts which are for the 119" wheel base only and do not have the connecting stub shaft / rod that links it to the rear bracket..... Don't think the 119" motor will have enough torque to fully lift step without the connecting rod that also helps passes torque to rear bracket other than thru the step itself.
Thoughts?

dcsang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The motor could be your problem but I suggest thoroughly lubricating the hinges if you haven't already done so.

OP
OP
W

Wolfe

Reaction score
Pressure washed and full lubricated all the joints prior when troubleshooting and found rock.....
Anyone have advice on removing motor from bracket? Appears motor drive shaft to rotate linkage is press fit even after removing the AL wedge and doesn't want to slide out easily.... Few good hits with 3# hammer and punch and didn't move after soaking in deep creep penetrant.....

mbtech2003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2008 King Ranch EL (133" wheel base), right (passenger) running board noisy, pauses couple times going down and up, appears to be few broken teeth. I found a small rock between rear linkage that wouldn't let it fully open and kept cycling back closed, so thinking a few teeth got rounded or broken.

Question is this - can you buy only the motor? Ford part no. 9L7Z-16A506-B is the motor with both front and rear brackets and connecting rod for $1100 online possibly non-genuine as local Ford dealer wants $2100. Only ones online are the 9L7Z-16A506-A from Amazon, eBay, or most other non-genuine ford parts which are for the 119" wheel base only and do not have the connecting stub shaft / rod that links it to the rear bracket..... Don't think the 119" motor will have enough torque to fully lift step without the connecting rod that also helps passes torque to rear bracket other than thru the step itself.
Thoughts?
I got mine for my 2010 from eBay. 2 years later. Still working. Not an el though

Attachments

• 855E662D-8C94-44C4-9234-67950254052E.png
    855E662D-8C94-44C4-9234-67950254052E.png
    301.7 KB · Views: 11