Price for an '04 EB?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpsjr

Reaction score
I'm considering buying a 2004 EB with just over 100k on it, but was wondering if some of you second gen guys could give me an idea of the value, and also some of the common issues with the second gens. I currently drive a first gen EB, so I am familiar with these trucks. Both the exterior and interior appear to be in great shape, but I haven't had a chance to drive it. The guy swears it runs and drives flawlessly, so, assuming that as true, what would be a fair price? It has everything you would expect in an EB, except for the rear dvd. The colors are black exterior (solid black, no gold trim) and gray interior. It's about three hours away from me, so I want to have as much of the deal worked out before going to look at it. TIA

Last edited:

donalds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if by 2004 eb your mean eddie bauer it is not
if it is black with no gold and grey interior it is either a xlt or a limited
is the plastic painted the same black or is it textured?
if it is a xlt i woul not pay more than 5500

mine is a 03 eb with 238k but is nicer than most under 100k and i only gave 4000

OP
OP
M

mpsjr

Reaction score
It's definitely an EB. The plastic trim is smooth (no texture) black. Carfax lists it as an EB. The interior is tan, not gray. I was wrong on that. The guy is asking $9k for it, but I think that's high. I want to make an educated counter offer, but don't expect him to come down much, if at all.

Here's the link:

Used 2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4L For Sale | Pine Bluff AR .

cheapdad00

Reaction score
It's definitely an EB. The plastic trim is smooth (no texture) black. Carfax lists it as an EB. The interior is tan, not gray. I was wrong on that. The guy is asking $9k for it, but I think that's high. I want to make an educated counter offer, but don't expect him to come down much, if at all.

Here's the link:

Used 2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4L For Sale | Pine Bluff AR .

Here's what Black Book Online comes up with for that vehicle:

Clean Average Rough
$9,475 $8,125 $5,650

Some negotiating points - lack of service records, has the 100K service been done yet? (that could be well over $1K if you include several broken plugs and coil replacements)

Good luck. That is the first time I have seen a black on black EB.

donalds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i checked the vin
it is a eddie bauer with the monochromatic paint option

you keep saying the guy says

the guy is a saleman at a dealership

i work at a ford dealership in parts

the guy probably dont really know sh*t about the expedition except the commision he is going to make.

if you get the price down a little you still have to ad tax and the dealer fees and you will be way over 10k

by from an individual and save some money

here in ga we dont have to pay tax on auto from individuals

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
could be XLT and painted the trim...could be EB and painted the trim...could be LIMITED

FireRed5.4

Reaction score
I dont know about the price but...

You are buying a used truck in great condition not a fixer upper, remember that!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mpsjr

Reaction score
I dont know about the price but...

You are buying a used truck in great condition not a fixer upper, remember that!!!

^That's quite possible, but I can't assume that the truck doesn't have any problems. That's kinda why I asked the price question the way I did. If I were to assume that it didn't have any problems, what would be a fair price? If I wanted to buy it, I would certainly go and check everything out to see if there were any issues that could lower the price. I've checked KBB, Edmunds and Black Book and all list $9,000 as the dealer price on what is essentially a "mint condition" Expy EB. I don't want to play book value. There's little incentive in it for me. I've also checked the internet sales sites and have found a few in similar condition with similar miles between $6k-$12k depending on location. If this truck has issues, then I can start ticking off the price, but I want to be in the best negotiating position I can before driving 3 hours up to see it in person. Judging from the pictures, it will at least need tires soon. I'm just trying to educate myself as much as possible. Thanks for the input everyone.