Private Cash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I got a $1500 dollar private cash offer from Ford on 2018 Expeditions that expires at the end of the month. I haven’t used one of these in the past. Will this be on top of the advertised or negotiated price, or is it a marketing tool that has no real value once you hit the dealer?

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Read the bottom fine print, I’m sure you can use it with the negotiation however....... I’d start beating them up on price and then at the end I’d bring out the nifty post card I “almost forgot about”.

83FBD7CF-5B57-4939-95B3-F60061DFE1EF.jpeg

OP
OP
G
Reaction score
Read the bottom fine print, I’m sure you can use it with the negotiation however....... I’d start beating them up on price and then at the end I’d bring out the nifty post card I “almost forgot about”.

View attachment 25551

I’m afraid the “may not combine with other private or commercial offers” part would make it almost useless. I hope others can tell me that is wrong. I’m sure the dealer is always using some kind of offer.

Bruce Mitchell

Reaction score
When I worked for GM Customer Assistance we sometimes offered "Owner Loyalty Certificates" as a satisfaction tool. The GM certificates were supposed to be presented to the dealer AFTER the best possible price was negotiated.

My guess is that Ford isn't too different, but I'd call Ford Customer Assistance and check before I signed anything.;)

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any clue how you guys received these? Current ford owners or something?

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you request Ford to email you a brochure from their website, chances are they will be sending you this offer.

Ford uses the ZIP code you provided to determine the name/address of the closest retailer. I'll just point out this offer is good at ANY Ford dealership incase you have any issues with the dealer listed, or if you found the perfect vehicle elsewhere.

If you have X-plan, this is an excellent deal.

OP
OP
G
Reaction score
If you request Ford to email you a brochure from their website, chances are they will be sending you this offer.

Ford uses the ZIP code you provided to determine the name/address of the closest retailer. I'll just point out this offer is good at ANY Ford dealership incase you have any issues with the dealer listed, or if you found the perfect vehicle elsewhere.

Seems like some local dealers are advertising about $10,000 off sticker. I think this is still better than x-plan + current incentives + private cash. My question is can I add the $1500 to the advertised price? Even those dealers that don’t advertise that low, because some do that is where I start with any of them.

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Perfect, I just requested a brochure so let's hope that holds true. I'm on no rush but would love to jump when the deals look good.

Seems like some local dealers are advertising about $10,000 off sticker. I think this is still better than x-plan + current incentives + private cash. My question is can I add the $1500 to the advertised price? Even those dealers that don’t advertise that low, because some do that is where I start with any of them.
$10k off, nice! I've seen some heavily discounted XLT's, but not as much in the Limited/Platinum range.