problem with roller follower removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Andy Rubalcaba

Andy Rubalcaba

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep that's how I would do it. Saves a bit of dicking around. What oil pump did you go with? That 8mm bolt in the oil tube can be a load of fun
yep that lower bolt for the pickup tube was a blast, so much that I gashed open my knuckle and was bleeding pretty bad lol. i'm hoping it's not a fight when I go to tighten it back up.

got the melling 360v pump, im not worried about the higher psi since i also got the cast iron tensioners.

just pulled cams, gonna drop oil pan next.

Goofy173

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The reason the rest will fail soon, mainly is because those oil holes in the followers gets so large oil does not properly spray on the roller on the follower. If the hole enlarged for some other reason, then no, others aren't going to fail in the same amount of of time. Best procedure would be to replace all anyway with having 24 of them. Also a failed roller means the cam lobe is now worn.

OP
OP
Andy Rubalcaba

Andy Rubalcaba

Full Access Members
Reaction score
guys my new camshaft does not seem to want to rotate when i put the cam caps back on. it was completely locked in, so i unbolted the cam caps and now it rotates again freely. I put more oil again and as soon as i start finger tightening the cam caps, it is so snug that the camshaft wont rotate anymore.

anyone else experience this?

OP
OP
Andy Rubalcaba

Andy Rubalcaba

Full Access Members
Reaction score
nvm, cam caps were installed on wrong size. decided to have my wife help me today, and well, things got messier and more confusing and frustrating than usual lmao.