Prospective owner with a question on cargo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zoey2015

Reaction score
What's the height of the crates? The top edge of the gate slope down. So the width needs to be measured between the two lowest point at the top unless you want to disassemble the crates every time you load and unload them. I keep a 30.5"(H), 42"(L), 28"(W) crate in my 2018 Expidition short for our GSD almost always. The crate can't sit all the way to either side due to the lower height at the sides. There is only about 1 inch gap at the tallest section. I was hoping to get the 33" H crate for my GSD but it just wouldn't fit. The depth is not an issue. I only need to slide the 2nd row seats forward a little, which still leaves more leg room than my previous Buick Enclave

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
I

inverted

Reaction score
What's the height of the crates? The top edge of the gate slope down. So the width needs to be measured between the two lowest point at the top unless you want to disassemble the crates every time you load and unload them. I keep a 30.5"(H), 42"(L), 28"(W) crate in my 2018 Expidition short for our GSD almost always. The crate can't sit all the way to either side due to the lower height at the sides. There is only about 1 inch gap at the tallest section. I was hoping to get the 33" H crate for my GSD but it just wouldn't fit. The depth is not an issue. I only need to slide the 2nd row seats forward a little, which still leaves more leg room than my previous Buick Enclave

It is 30” high. Will it fit ? It is the Gunner Kennel (intermediated size)

zoey2015

Reaction score
That's the same height as mine but 4" narrower. I'll measure it for you tomorrow to see if it will fit 2 crates

zoey2015

Reaction score
With 30" height, the useable floor width is only 38". You lose 6" on either side to to the slope down. I don't think you will be able to fit two crates side by side07972d6288a57098b8d8752677eb8897.jpg8f2778725fed3eb76a912337031e7421.jpg

Modelcarguy

Reaction score
Sorry but not going to fit. Guess you gotta get smaller dogs! Just kidding, but with the third row up the cargo space gets really tiny really fast. Almost an either or scenario. With 7 or 8 folks in the car your not going to get much more than a hand bag in the back for each.