Proud new owner of CAI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionDrew

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So the first mod done is a CAI...by spectre...

did a 20 min test drive, MPG went from 13.5 to 18.5 at a cruzing speed of 65...damn awesome

1329084950581.jpg...

IAExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've never heard of a CAI alone getting anywhere near to a 5 mpg boost.
I get about 17 on my 1999 without the CAI... maybe just let up on the lead foot a bit for the test drive?

masterhacker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice, i ordered a volant one on friday, should be here Wednesday.
http://volant.com/edetail.asp?ID=48

I noticed a hell of a change in throttle response when i cleaned my throttle body/installed a new intake manifold/cleaned my injectors, once I get my CAI it should be even better

Last edited:

Exp099

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have that one!! i got it a couple days ago.. its a real difference in the performance.. i love it..

Cousin Eddie

Reaction score
Almost all modern EFI motors will not see any MPG change due to air intake flow. The computer constantly adjusts the fuel delivery according to the volume of air available at any given moment.
What you should notice is exactly what another poster mentioned......more punch. The computer can see that more air is available and increases the fuel delivery, thus creating more power.

baller

Reaction score
Looking to get the spectre also. I had one on my 07 Avalanche and it sounded sweet. My gas mileage improved about 2-3 mpg, but it was hard not to punch it and listen to that motor suck that air in.