Puddle lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J Ski

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
You think the white halogen would be better? I’m 50-50 on those.
I think there are more people on here that would point you to either HIDs or leaving halogens. I’m on the fence

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I'd point you toward a projector retrofit but getting into that too much will just drive the thread into the gutter.

But I will say that leds are not designed for a reflector or halogen/hid projector so they look good but ultimately cause even worse night time vision. Plug n play hid have the same issue but they out better light down than a pnp led does. Either one will cause light scatter and possibly blinding oncoming traffic. Even aiming them lower does not rectify the issue even though some may say it will. Lowering them Just cuts back in your distance and in some cases gets the scatter below oncoming traffics eyes

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Avoid LEDs in the factory projector headlights. They don't work because the projectors are designed for halogen bulbs the LEDs create light that is outside the sweet spot for the reflector. HIDs work well but don't go above 35 Watts because there are potential issues with the wiring and UV light. Like @gixer2000 said the best way is to retrofit projectors but that takes a lot of effort and requires a certain skill level. Most people don't have that and aren't interested in doing the work.

OP
OP
J Ski

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
2016 OEM puddle lights for sale in classifieds. If you want a second set to mess around and convert to led