Quad bunk house TT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ghauser

Reaction score
I’m looking for a good quad bunk house travel trailer that the Expy can handle but I’m not too sure. I’ve seen a compact tt with a quad bunk house on marketplace and now I can’t find anything like it and I feel like I’m going crazy. It had the queen bed, kitchen then the two sets of bunk beds so no dinette or couch. And it was probably 25 feet or less. Then all the other quad bunk house tt I see are all 30+ feet and 6600-7000+ pounds, is that too much for a 15-17 expedition? And generally is an EL better to tow with because of the extra length?

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, the EL/Max is better. The Max (4th Gen) generally is available with higher payloads than the EL (3rd Gen), but it's more difficult to find an HD Tow equipped Max as well.

I tow a Salem Cruise light T282QBXL. It's 7,000 loaded and tows fine. The only other comparable camper I like is the Mallard M32, but I'm out of payload on my third gen and the M32 hitch weight might be too high.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
"quad" bunkhouse. You mean 4 separate beds not the usual two double beds?