Question from newbe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rod Smith

Reaction score
i have a 17 Expedition EL Platinum. It has a power telescoping steering wheel. I want to turn off the automatic telescoping and leave it out all the time. Any idea how I do this?

Thanks in Advance.

Rod

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It would depend on how it was designed. The old method of wiring you would just pull the fuse once it is in the position you desired. But with today's razzmatazz electronics there may be a module that will throw a code at minimum or anything else the designer programed in for failure. Heck it is possible that it wouldn't allow you to drive it.
Best thing would be to look at the wiring diagrams and see how it is configured.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think I heard somewhere that was a Forscan option (pay dealer to code it or download software and do it yourself connecting computer to OBD port)

OP
OP
Rod Smith

Rod Smith

Reaction score
Found out that I could simply disable “Easy in/Out” in the settings on the left hand information screen. My problem is happily resolved.

Thanks!

Boose

2017 Platinum EL
Reaction score
There's an EZ enrty/exit feature in the vehicle setting. I had to go in there to turn mine on :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett