question on buying '21 or '22 Expy Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They don't, different engine lol. What's what your paying the extra 4k for.

@havmake sure you check the ccd option box.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's the raptor v6 engine, which has different components than the regular v6

I 4got who did it, but one of the guys did an extremely detailed write up of the difference btw the engines.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is it really a different engine? I thought is was just tuning by Ford.
There are many similarities, but it’s more than tuning. As @dlcorbett mentioned if you search there is a write up on the differences.
The important question is more about spending the extra $4500 for ~40 more HP, dual exhaust, few more speakers, and red calipers. ESP when a good quality tune can net you as much if not better performance and fuel economy.

OP
OP
H

haviland

Full Access Members
Reaction score
"I would either get a 21 or a 23."

For me a '23 is out of the question moneywise.

Why a '21 rather than a '22?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They are saying stay away from the 22s as there's been a lotta problems with those builds. The 23s have less supply and build defects. And 21s are last year of pre refresh, so most of the early gremlins of the 4th gen are worked out of those ones.

KetMalice

Reaction score
I have a 22 Timberline. It’s been nothing but trouble. I had the transmission replaced last week. Basically I’ve had 7 major issues with mine in the last year, and a dozen other issues that Ford refuses to fix.