radiator overflow reservoir empty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rick chitown

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey fellas, I have a 2008 Lincoln Nav.. the overflow tank of the radiator keeps going empty. Recently, there is a very small puddle of anti freeze under the car, but not a big puddles. What exactly should I look for? Obviously I have no idea what I'm doing under the hood, the car is running fine, and is NOT overheating, at all. Any good mechanics out there? Please help...
Rick

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Usual procedure would be to locate the leak in the system, either through observation or by pressure testing it. Once that is determined then you can put a cost to the repair.

If the puddle is under the engine there are a few areas that will leak. Some are easier to fix than others. Water pump, heater core connections, coolant pipe on the back of the water pump, radiator, hoses etc.

If it is under the car then check the coolant lines that run to the back heater core.