Rain sensing wipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mrgood

Mrgood

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Eddie Bauer and found out by experience that any of the intermittent settings uses the rain sensing. The last 2 settings on the switch with the triangles are the constant on.
Thank you. I noticed. There is no function as such to turn it off as such, in the case of my Expedition 2010 Limited

Honu

Reaction score
You don't have "rain sensing wipers". You have a rain sensor that controls the wipers. The sensor is optical and is located on the windshield above the rear view mirror. If you don't want them coming on, leave the wiper switch in the off position. Leaving it in any other position will leave it in "auto".
To check:
If you're looking inside the cabin of your car from the outside, the sensor would be located behind the rearview mirror and you can tell it's the sensor because a strip of lens or film will appear facing the outside. Some cars may have one or the other, or both.

Hope this helps.
And try for a little more patience in the future.