Raising a 2014 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Will these 3/2 lift kits raise the ground clearance? That's kind of important for me. I live a half mile out in the woods on a dirt road and I also like to go out on the beach.

Strut lifts will raise your bumper, frame, and skid plate clearances... control arms will still be pretty much in the same position though

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Will these 3/2 lift kits raise the ground clearance? That's kind of important for me. I live a half mile out in the woods on a dirt road and I also like to go out on the beach.

Ranchos clearance (claims far less than a 3/2, but seems to ACTUALLY provide ~ the same as a 3/2):

20171130_062120-1.jpg

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That actually makes sense though, since it's in line with the maximum lift offerred by responsible established manufacturers

Some of the barn-engineered redneck lifts are patently ridiculous and look waaaay unsafe when theyre swaying in a crosswind or something
3" doesn' sound like much to me. I'm definitely not a flashy monster truck guy. I just want my '14 to be as high as my '97 and '01. I love those 1st generations. I like my '14, but at this height it's like a car, not a truck.

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Recommedations regarding an ashtray?

Boy, she does feel nice. Not crazy about the sloppy speedometer. I can't tell wether I'm going 58 or 60.

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess technically your upper and lower control arms do go up with a suspension lift, right? Or at least they rotate up. Your knuckle and the ends of the things that are attached to it stay down but everything else goes up.

Jack Gulledge

Reaction score
For J Ski
I have an 09 EL Limited. Do I understand if I use Readylift 3 front 2 in back, 35" tires will fit?

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Mine do yes with very very minor rubbing. Like enough to put a smudge on the UCA thts it