Raising a 2014 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
2014 Limited with the 20" rims and power running boards.
I'm not looking to make it stand out, I just want to get it closer to the first generation height.
Any recommendations for tire sizes?
I’ve got 35/11.50/20 tht fit. 33/12.50/20 fit too on OEM wheels

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
I'm wrong, I have 18" rims.
Should still fit. Just more side wall. As for tools, check out Readylift site, they have downloaded instruction manual for spacers that lists tools needed. Definitely wanna have an air powered impact wrench. Will save you 3-4 hours

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Putting my tool list together!
I think I'm going to get a dewalt battery operated impact wrench. Can I use my old sockets with it? If not, does anyone know whether I should get metric or sae?

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone recommend shocks?
I'm having a hard time finding much out there for my '14. I see f150 shocks are plentiful, but will the rears work? Doesn't the f150 have an axel?

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
F150 uses standard shocks in the rear, the Expedition uses a strut assembly. So you’re stuck with Expedition-specific parts.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2014,expedition,5.4l+v8,3305849,suspension,strut,7584

They show quite a few different options, including Monroe and KYB. You might also consider upgrading to the factory Nivomat load-leveling shocks.
Ford lists a different coil spring and upper mount for those versus the standard shocks, so whether they are a direct replacement for standard shocks is something I’m not 100% clear on. Just something to be aware of.

EBFF3D5B-A1A1-4F59-8E58-9BB88DB8395F.jpeg

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
F150 uses standard shocks in the rear, the Expedition uses a strut assembly. So you’re stuck with Expedition-specific parts.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2014,expedition,5.4l+v8,3305849,suspension,strut,7584

They show quite a few different options, including Monroe and KYB. You might also consider upgrading to the factory Nivomat load-leveling shocks.
Ford lists a different coil spring and upper mount for those versus the standard shocks, so whether they are a direct replacement for standard shocks is something I’m not 100% clear on. Just something to be aware of.

View attachment 24518
Thanks for the help!
Any way to tell if I already have the load leveling rears without taking the wheel off?
I think I have the towing option. I can see the factory buttons up front just above the center console and there are wires hanging by the hitch.

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the help!
Any way to tell if I already have the load leveling rears without taking the wheel off?
I think I have the towing option. I can see the factory buttons up front just above the center console and there are wires hanging by the hitch.

The towing and self-leveling options are separate, you can have one without the other. I’m not sure there is a way to check it without being able to see the part number on the shock itself. Other than checking it in ETIS. I don’t have access, but you can register as an independent service shop and be able to review your vehicle’s options.

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 3/2 readylift spacers will be here this week!
I just ordered some new jack stands, misc tools, and a dewalt impact wrench. I'm pretty excited right now.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
My 3/2 readylift spacers will be here this week!
I just ordered some new jack stands, misc tools, and a dewalt impact wrench. I'm pretty excited right now.
God luck! It’s a fun time and really changes the trucks appearance